Funky Flora background

Monday, December 21, 2009

Snowman Making


On Tuesday it was finally warm enough to set foot outside to play in the snow (I'm not complaining, I know I live in MT). Winston really wanted to make a snowman. Of course I haven't made once since probably middle school, so it was an experience for both of us. His head would fall off his body, so I'd push harder and then the body would break. UGH, like I said an adventure! We finally got it made and used a hat and scarf from the garage, got sticks from the side of the house, used rocks we had inside for the face and buttons, a baby carrot for the nose, and koolaid to make the red smile! Winston wanted a broom, but I wasn't bringing my only broom outside in the snow so I told him maybe next time we can get a broom for him. He loved his snowman and sang "Frosty the Snowman" while we made it. Of course the song is a mixture of "Frosty the Snowman" and "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" but it's cute to listen to. By the next day, it was warm enough he was down to just his bottom part and by Friday he was gone completely! Winston didn't understand why he was melting into the ground and wants to make another one next time it snows. He doesn't think the next one will melt into the ground, because we will make it special! Oh well, that was our Tuesday afternoon fun, thought we'd share with you!

No comments: