Funky Flora background

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Tie-dyeing Eggs

I had read about tie-dyeing eggs in a magazine and thought I'd give it a go and man did they turn out neat! I went to Goodwill and Salvation Army for some cheap silk ties ( I bought 5 of them for under $5), I brought them home, took them apart and cut them to fit around my eggs (which are not yet cooked), being secured by rubber bands on each end, brought water to a boil over the stove, then stuck them in for 15 minutes (leaving it at a boiling temp.). After the 15 minutes, I removed them from heat, let them cool, and then removed the fabric to find the coolest designs. Some just transfer colors while others transfer the actual design. I made 18 eggs with the 5 ties, my only complaint was the smell of goodwill/salvation army being dispersed throughout my house. Here's what they wound up looking like
You can see the pink versus the white ones, the ties had many different colors in them.
I think they almost look antique!


We also embarked on taking some spring pictures in the Easter Outfit(s) I bought Winston, so here's a couple of those to share as well!
Isn't he just handsome? I know I'm partial to him!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kelly-
Those eggs are awesome, I've never heard of "tye-dye" eggs. I can just imagine the "aroma" though-out the house, LOL!
I also love, love, love the pictures of Winston. I am not normally a hat lover but that one is super adorable on him. One very handsome boy indeed.
Vanessa